Sunday, July 25, 2010

Tomorrow's the day


I had to include this picture as it is one of Cathy's favorites from Argentina! Gaston's mom gets all the girls a new pair of underwear every year for Christmas and you can't wear them until Jan. 1st! We will never forget this :)
Cathy had a bit if a set back with fluid in her lungs and she then spiked a temperature. She was put on more oxygen, antibiotics and steroids. This morning they gave her double the dose of steroids and she felt like superwoman taking extra laps and straightening up her room! She was able to finally eat last night after 8 days of no solid food! They also installed a Porta Cath into her chest to make administering the Chemo easier. The hope was that it would all ready be started but she needed to be healthy and eating so the thought is that Monday she will start it. Everyone say a little prayer that she tolerates it ok as she will be getting it for 3 days straight.
I went up and straightened up her bedroom at home a bit today and put lots of pug things around the room for her. Alecia and Toni Reyna did quite the job and bathed all 18 pugs todays and washed all their crates as well as cleaning that area! Alecia also worked on the covered deck adjacent to their bedroom so Cathy would have a nice place outdoors to hang out. She will love it Alecia!
The thought now is that she will not be home until Thursday so maybe we could send flowers home for her then. I will update you on how tomorrow goes for her. Thank you for keeping her and Kim in your thoughts.
Diana

13 comments:

  1. I think what you guys are doing for Cathy is wonderful. My thoughts and prayers are with you Cathy and Kim. Get better soon :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy & Kim,
    Sending good vibes your way for your first day of Chemo. I will be thinking of you both.
    Love,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. " A man's reach should always exceed his grasp."

    Keep reaching Cathy, keep believing, and keep hoping. I'm with you in this, and I'm praying for you daily friend.

    Big Hug,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when I had pneumonia real bad I came crawling into the emergency room. I was so sick I had to stop and rest 3 times just to make it into the ER. When I got home they had given me 3 prescriptions, one for antibiotics, one for codeine, and one for Steroids. After taking the first 2 medications "a double dose of codeine" I still felt like I was about to die. I thought to my self what the heck can steroids do for me but was so desperate at that point I would have taken anything. I was up cleaning my house and felt like Iron Man about an hour later!! Of course when my prescription ran out 3 days later I called my doctor begging for more,but she just laughed at me. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow and tell them to keep the steroids coming, if you don't want them I will pick them up later "Now we know where they are getting all the house cleaning energy from".
    Pugs N Kisses,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Cathy will love all the wonderful things you and Alecia are doing. She's very fortunate to have you all handling things for her. I know if the table was turned she'd be right there too doing it all. Cathy is still in my thoughts and prayers each day. (((Puggie Huggies)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy take good care of yourself and keep thinking good healing thoughts. Your body needs all the help and love your mind can give it at this time. We all care about you and surround you with our loving thoughts. And if could we'd pile the pugs on for a lovely pug blanket. Love you Cathy.
    Pugs and Hugs,
    DebZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diana, everyone should have at least one friend like you :) Cathy can't help but beat this thing with all the love and energy coming her way..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending my love, Cathy. You are in my heart, thoughts and prayers. If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy,

    I am thinking of you alot and wishing the very best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diana, you're the best friend ever, and Alicia . . . what a fabulous thing you are doing for Cathy. I can't imagine bathing 18 dogs in one day and then doing all that cleaning. Bless you both. Cathy and Kim, we all love you and continue our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with everything said here, hang in there Cathy we are all pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are all the best and she will love reading this.

    ReplyDelete