Saturday, July 24, 2010

Living in Pug Heaven - Questions of the Day

How busy busy things have been here at the Taylor Moore house! I finally have an hour of quiet time before I have to feed the puggies so I figured I would sneak into my quiet back bedroom and start typing away.

Today's photo is from a plant in the backyard - the landscaping here is quite gorgeous, and the amount of land they actually have here is incredible as well. One thing I have learned about having a big yard for lots of pugs is that a big yard holds lots of pug poop. The house itself is older, which means that quite a few large tree surround it. Do you know what looks very similar to pug poop? Pinecones. Pinecones and pug poop are what cover the majority of the yard here.

Two different things make this okay - A.) It was warm outside today so all of the pug pooped dried out - which makes it super easy to scoop. B.) Kim and Cathy have what I like to call the Colossal Scoop - could possibly be one of the biggest pooper scoopers I have ever had the joy of holding. One would wonder why any person would need such a colossal scoop - those who wonder must remember that 18 pugs poop at least 18 piles a day - usually more than that. Now that's a lot of poop!

Moving on to better subjects - I am sure a few of you are curious as to how we measure things here at the Taylor Moore house. Actually you probably haven't, but that is beside the point. Today while I was outside filling the also colossal dishes, I wondered how much hose water it takes to fill said dishes. I then came to the realization that the amount of water it takes must be balanced with the number of pugs drinking out of the dish at the time, and the number drinking directly from the hose stream. I have also learned that the big gate across the kitchen is as wide as Louis and Mac are fat. This means that laying down, side by side, you can fit one Louis, one Mac, and three smaller pugs the length of the gate. Should Cow Pug want in on the action you must substitute two smaller pugs per Cow Pug. There is no substituting Louis and Mac.

In other news - I managed to get the computer running. After five days of it being touchy and shutting off at random intervals, twelve disk cleanups, 2 Spybot scans, and the final Malwarebytes scan that found the file the computer seems to be okay. I broke down and bought a small can of compressed air, though this PC could have easily used an entire big one. I also unplugged everything, wiped everything down, and ziptied the cords somewhat neatly. In the end it seems that it was an infected Registry Key.

Tomorrow should be a good day! My momma is coming down to clean Cathy's bedroom (I haven't seen her since Sunday!), and the lovely Toni Reyna is coming to help me with quite the undertaking - we are going to attempt to bathe all the dogs and clean all of their crates. Shout out to the wonderful Melissa Norton who said we could load up all the pugs and use her tub. :) So much love for Cathy!!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this adventure Alecia! All of the pugs are going to be so nice & clean & ready for their mommy & daddy to come home!

    A BIG thanks for writing some great stuff on the blog! I know Cathy & Kim have enjoyed reading your stories about their kids as much as we have too! You have given all of us a reason to smile and laugh as I'm sure we all can relate to your pug stories. :-)
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great bunch of stories, Alecia!! Have you thought about doing some writing?? You have a real talent with language :)

    Cathy - Lynne Dixon wanted me to tell you she's thinking of you.. She can't get into the blog for some reason so couldn't tell you herself but we were all sending our "show energy" out for you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Jade! :) I've thought about it, but nothing too serious. I tend to ramble on and switch thoughts quite frequently. If I were ever to write anything serious it would have to be a compilation of short stories about the craziness that is my life. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eish,
    I think you missed your calling!! I love your lil stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alecia, this was all great! I know Cathy will just love it!

    ReplyDelete