Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Living in Pug Heaven - How to Heal a Broken Heart


First off - let me start off by saying that this is NOT my most flattering angle... I just took this picture maybe ten minutes ago - after working all day and taking care of puggies, I am also not too horribly clean, haha. In this picture you will find myself - Alecia, and little miss Peanut.

Peanut appears to be having a tough time - being the Alpha dog in the house she tends to get in quite a few spats with the pugs. Earlier tonight when I put her in her crate to eat I noticed that she had a little mark on her back, like one of the other pugs grabbed her and just would not let go - but have no fear! Peanut is fine and all injuries were minor and completely taken care of. :) When I sat down at the computer to jump on Facebook I noticed that Peanut was at my feet - which is not like her at all. She is usually off stalking Cypress or laying on the couch, fast asleep. She seemed a bit upset, which could be due to her Pug Spat, or she could most definitely be missing Cathy - as Cathy absolutely adores Peanut.

Having this many pugs makes it difficult to give them ALL the attention they deserve. It usually comes in the form of a snuggle and a kiss before they get put away to eat, or when they stand on the back of the couch and watch me on the computer they get a few pets. Peanut seemed like she needed a little bit more, and who was I to turn her down? She is incredibly light, which made it very easy for me to hold her up against my chest while I clicked on my 654 plot farm on Farmville. :) She seemed to really enjoy cuddling with me, and even ended up falling asleep. In this picture I was trying to get her to give me a kiss, and in usual pug fashion, she sneezed directly in my face.

We had another issue today with missing pugs... I had all the pugs put away, Aron had prepared all the food, and I turned to start handing out dishes and I realized that Cow Pug's crate was empty, with the door wide open. The back door also happened to be wide open, so I of course peeked my head out the door and looked around for her. Nothing... And, why would Cow Pug be outside unless she absolutely needed to be? Quick examination revealed that there were two pugs sharing, though this was quite more comical than Kahuna being in Cow Pug's crate. On the bottom row of the crate wall there are a total of five crates - 4 large wire crates, and directly next to the bird cage is Zac's tiny blue crate. Yeah, you guessed it. Cow Pug -AND- Zac were in Zac's tiny blue crate. How in the WORLD Cow Pug managed to fit in there is completely beyond me, but once she is in a crate it is quite impossible to remove her from it unless she is done eating. So, to grant Cow Pug's wish, I removed Zac from his own crate and put him in the much more spacious wire crate.

One other pug that I think may be missing Cathy is Kahuna... What appeared to be a mental disorder at first glance seems to be a cry for help. What I mean by this is that Kahuna will. not. leave. me. alone... As mentioned earlier, he is usually quite content sleeping in his crate at not. But not tonight - tonight I was holding Peanut at the computer and he climbed onto the back of the couch and stared me down, demanding the same attention. What I see as a cry for help may also be a bit of pug jealousy. :) Kahuna got a good rub down, and after a kiss on his wrinkly forehead he was more than content to sleep on the couch.

I will be here at the Taylor Moore house at least through the weekend - with any hope, Cathy will return home tomorrow then her and Kim are taking the motor home (and a few pugs) to the Hurricane Ridge shows in Sequim, providing that Cathy feels up to it.

3 comments:

  1. Pugs are emotionally needy and I can only imagine how much the Luna gang misses their mom. Thanks for being there to provide cuddles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, you better give them all a big squish from me! But... You MUST give Mac the biggest squish of all, in fact, don't just squish him SMOOOOOSH him for me!!!

    I can't wait for Cathy to get home, I don't think I've gone this long without talking to her since I met her and it's KILLING ME!!!! LOL

    hmm, what have these boys of mine been up too lately...? Well for starters Tango has learned how to jump up onto the couch and he INSISTS on plopping himself right between me and my hubby every opportunity he gets! I also made the mistake of putting a piece of cheese in my mouth, holding it between my lips and giving it to Tango that way, and well now he thinks all treats come out of my mouth so every time he climbs up onto the couch he immediately checks my mouth for food, and he's very intense about it! LOL
    Solo this past week discovered the people in the TV, I must say he doesn't like them, he thinks they're creepy. He will see a person walk off screen and disappear and he just can't seem to figure out where on earth they go!!! I can tell it really bothers him because now he naps in the living room with one eye open, and you guessed it, that one eye is directed RIGHT at the TV. ha ha He's so goofy!

    Anywhoo... Off I go, to do what? I don't know! LOL You have a wonderful day Cathy and Kim! I'm thinking about you every day and wishing you two nothing but the best! Here's to a speedy recovery! Love you guys! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! everyone out here,I am James William from Portland Oregon United state.It has been my desire to help people out with their problems no matter how little my contribution may be.

    As regards to the promise i made to BABA ARUOSA if he could help me get back my girlfriend,i'm using this means to fulfill my promise and also let everybody know there's solution to your problem no matter how difficult you think it is okay.

    I loved a girl for more than 2 years and she told me she was going to marry me.But she would change her mind and tell me she didn't love me anymore and was seeing a guy,which i found out.I begged her to accept me and also tried every means possible to make her know i can't live without her because i really love her but she would pay deaf ears to me.

    We were working in the same company and each time i see her,i wish all this weren't happening.This pain continued till a friend of mine led me to BABA ARUOSA whom he told me was very extremely powerful and has helped with a problem.

    Soon as i contacted him,i knew he was the exact answer to my solution because i felt his powers from his carefully selected words and calmness.I explain all that happened to me and he told me what to do.I did as i was instructed and never doubted him.To my greatest surprise what i felt was almost impossible within the twinkle of an eyes was over.

    She called me pleading for my forgiveness for how she has treated me and that she loves me so much and will never cheat on me again and will marry me.And from that moment till now all we've been experiencing is happiness in our relationship.We'll be getting married soon........lol

    I would advice anyone with problem to contact him via email : templeofsupernaturalcontact@gmail.com for his help.

    ReplyDelete