Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Living in Pug Heaven - What has Cathy taught you?


Introduction time! Most of you know me, some of you may not. I am Diana's daughter, Alecia - and I am the one currently living at Cathy's house being the pug mama. My best friend(who some of you know or have seen with us at shows), Aron, has also been staying at Cathy's house. We arrived Sunday night and she just left this morning - her dad is going out of town so she has to watch her own puppies! I plan to write a bit more about what is going on around the house, stories about the pugs, etc... Kim and Cathy's computer is currently on the fritz (if anyone wants to offer some Geek Squad services I'm sure it would help ;) ), so I am forced to do what is called Mobile Blogging. I of course, tried to set it up yesterday and failed miserably. So now I am writing posts, e-mailing them to my work e-mail, then sneaking online to post them before my boss gets into the office.

In the photo above you will see Aron - and quite a few pugs. We spent 2 hours on the couch watching an episode of the Bachelorette on Monday. :) In the far left of the picture you can see Latte(lovingly referred to as Cow Pug by myself, Aron, and my other friend Blake), then left to right from the outside - Mac, Louis, Peanut(she is trying to look over Aron's shoulder), in Aron's lap you have Claire, then CeeCee who forced Claire over and made herself a spot in Aron's lap, and Cypress on the back of the couch. My couch was a bit more comfy with Vanna on the back, my french bulldog Dot at my feet, and Kahuna in my lap.



I would like everyone to take a second and write about something that Cathy and/or Kim have taught you. Two things from me to start it off:

1. Cathy has taught me that there is NEVER a wrong time or place to say something. Whatever is on Cathy's mind comes out of Cathy's mouth - and boy does everyone around her get a good laugh!!

2. It is perfectly fine to ignore police lights as you drive down the freeway. That is, of course, until Kim yells from the back of the motor home(where he is firmly planted in a lawn chair) that there is a cop behind you and you should probably pull over. It is then also fine to not be able to locate your drivers license, tell the officer that your registration is in the glovebox - then look over to find your best friend frantically searching for a non-existant glovebox. When the officer tells you that he pulled you over because you have a headlight out, it is also 100% okay to ask him how in the World he knew that, seeing as he pulled you over from the back of the vehicle. Cathy has proven to us all that you will walk away with no ticket - but an amazing story to tell your friends.

9 comments:

  1. Hey Alecia, I haven't met you yet, I'm sure I will one day! Loved the little note you wrote, while you're at Cathy's can you make sure to give Mr. Mac a big squish from me!

    Now... What have I learned from Cathy? hummm

    I learned how to STRUM A GUITAR!!!!!!! HA HA HA Oh gosh, that makes me laugh!

    Live, Laugh, and Love, wear your heart on your sleeve! I have to say, Cathy you are my mentor, I look up to you so much, I can count on you to always be there for me even when I have some pretty silly questions! You are the most amazing person I have ever met, and I am so happy to have you as my friend!

    ((((Hugs)))) Jen! :-)
    (¯`v´¯)
    .`·.¸.·´ ♥
    ¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((((Eish)))))
    I'm so glad you are helping out with this blog too. You and your Mom are doing a wonderful thing for Kim & Cathy!

    Cathy was one of the first people to teach me that there are very kind people in the dog show world who are willing to step up and take a chance on you, even when she didn't know who I was. She took the time out to talk to me and then sent me my boy Rocky on a payment plan. We had no agreements only my word that I would make payments and get started with trying to show my boy Rocky. How many people would do a thing like that for a complete stranger? I knew she was a very special person then and she will always have a place in my heart.

    When I finally got to meet her in March she was just as friendly and loving to me. I still hear her asking me if I brought my show clothes along for the show that I came to learn the tricks of the trade from Diana. It was a fun trip for me, and I can't wait to come back for a visit to see everyone. I'm praying for Cathy to beat this horrible thing.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alecia and Diana - Thank you so much for this blog. If I were still back in Seattle, I would be over at Cathy and Kim's house in an instant to work on the computer. Alas, I am in NYC. (What exactly seems to be the problem? Feel free to email me at karenrogers @ gmail . com [take out the spaces].)

    Cathy has taught me about generosity. I never fail to be amazed at how many pugs she takes in and cares for, and how much of her life she invests in the neediest ones. I still haven't figured out, though, how she juggles so much without losing her mind.

    Cathy helped me and my husband adopt Polly from SPR. After being rescued from a puppy mill in PA, Polly was flown to Seattle where the Nortons performed double knee surgery on her. She was in SPR's care for many months or maybe even a year before she was ready for adoption. To help Polly with the transition to our home, Cathy let us take along her prized Gretel, her foundation bitch, to be Polly's friend and helper for a few weeks. What an incredibly generous offer that was.

    And a few months later, after we had adopted and lost another elderly rescue pug who was sicker than any of us realized, she offered to let Gretel retire in our home. Today, the dynamic (OK, actually they nap a lot) duo of Gretel and Polly rules our home. We are so honored to have the pug that started it all for Luna Pugs as a part of our family. (That's Gretel's photo I'm using as my avatar.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure it's easy to measure all that Cathy has taught me, and I'm sure there is a limit to how big one blog post can be. If anything, I could say she has taught me how to smile in the face of utter frustration. No matter how crummy the situation, Cathy always has a big smile on her face and is ready to tackle the situation with "kill'm with kindness" outlook. She reminded me how to laugh at myself, not take things so seriously and always laugh. Her heart is bigger than the pile of pugs she's rescued and her generosity is immeasurable. Karla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Alecia and I know Cathy will love seeing this!! I am taking it to her tomorrow and Cathy and Kim are really at ease with you and Aron helping with the pugs!
    What has Cathy taught me? Well, she has taught me that of course we can do it all! When I ask silly questions like should we enter all of these pugs at the shows thinking we will be running in and out of the shows alot, she assures me that of course it is no problem. So off we go running switching pugs and laughing the whole way through it over and over again!! I wouldn't change it for the world and look forward to the next big crazy adventure with lots of pugs we will have :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy you know how to make us laugh, laugh to the point of no return. I have shared a few good cries with yourself and Diana, I can't wait to do all again.
    Thank you for showing me how to laugh like that :)Your a wonderful person and we luv ya

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy you have taught me so much since I first met you 2 years ago at the Seattle Kennel Club Show. You have added so much happiness in my life from the first day we met. You put trust in us to take home one of your babies, Haleakala aka Zoe Zo, we love being a part of your life, Kim's & the Luna Pug Family...What have you taught me? Where do I start?! First, your smile, you have always shown a wonderful smile & your laugh too. Being positive and doing the best that you can. If something was going wrong, you always would turn things around and would let me know things will be ok. Helpful, always willing to be as helpful as you can. You are amazing! You & Kim have always been there for me no matter what, we are always here for you, Kim & your puggies.

    We love you.

    Toni, Mike, Zoe Zo & Luci Lu

    ReplyDelete
  8. What has Cathy taught me?
    Cathy taught me to never give up on someone!
    When I first brought Petunia home, this little Pug had been abused and harmed in the most devastating ways, so naturally I expected her training and rehabilitation to extensive. However, in the first year of having Petunia, her needs seemed to be so much more than I could give her. Yet, EVERY time I called Cathy for help, she would listen, give me useful advice, and plenty of encouragement in the form of “you can do this Rebecca, and I’m here for anything you and Petunia need.” I had very little experience with Pugs when I brought Petunia home, but I had a lot of love and time to give, and I had Cathy!
    She came alongside me and helped me become the BEST mommy to my special little girl, Petunia. And in the process, I grew and matured in many ways as person. This all happened because one person took the time to help, and offered encouragement and support – Cathy.

    It’s been five years since Petunia became my family, and in those five years Cathy has become a dear friend to me. Despite how crazy and busy she is, the one thing I know Cathy for is someone who will always make time to help someone, and she is someone who will never give up on you! I am a better person for having you as a friend Cathy – thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Writing here has been something I've spent a lot of time thinking about and is exceptionally tough for me as I'm not a demonstrative type. I think the biggest thing Cathy has taught me is that friendship can come to you from places you never expected and that going to the source when someone tells you something negative can end up bringing people together that might otherwise have been enemies. I will always be grateful for Cathy's directness because without it I would have missed having her as a friend (and I do NOT use that word lightly).

    Cathy, we are dedicating the Portland show to you and whether Merlin wins or not, know that he's out there doing his best to make you proud.

    Love ya! Jade

    ReplyDelete