Thursday, July 22, 2010

Living in Pug Heaven - From wigs to twigs.

Any person out there who has lived with a pug knows that pugs come with an excess of hair. I have lived with at least one pug my entire life(though it greatly ranges from 1 to 37), so I know the telltale signs of a pug owner. This is so true, in fact, that I approached a woman standing in line at the Fashion Bug in Spanaway who had a giant patch of short blonde hairs on her arm. Without any sort of introduction I said, "Do you have a pug?" I'll be damned if she didn't own a pug mix!

The photo I have used for this blog post may seem odd. I have no idea what type of tree this is, I just know it is some little twiggy thing right outside of Cathy's back door - which is also about six feet from Cathy's grooming table. Aron called me outside this evening to point out this giant wad of hair in the tree, which was pure pug hair. After closer examination I spotted a second wad of pug hair - which we decided was actually nests that the local birds had put together. Imagine a bed of pug hair - so soft, smelly, and permanently stuck to your Chanel suit.

Tonight I would like to write some more funny things about Cathy's pugs, because they are down right hilarious.

My first story is for the lovely Jen - we know how much she loves Sir Macaroon. Aron and I let all the pugs out when I got home, and while discussing the pseudo birds nest we looked over to find Mac in the garden... We then realized that Mac is the World's laziest potty-goer. Instead of lifting his leg like most proud males do, he just hovered over a short shrub and let it all fall out.

In being here we have learned that Peanut is not afraid of anything. After she is done eating she expects to be let out RIGHT NOW. The funny thing is that when you open her crate door she all but launches herself out of the crate, trusting the receiving person to catch her before she turns into a pug-cake. She only hesitated this morning when I stood a good three feet away from her crate as I opened her door.

Kim and Cathy will occasionally pug-sit for friends with pugs or pugs they have placed in forever homes when their people need vacations. That brings us to Sir Winston. He is easily spotted for being a little bit taller than the other pugs - he is a big boy! His other spotlight was the red harness he wore, and happily so. I woke up this morning thinking that I had somehow misplaced Winston, then realized he had simply misplaced his harness! We went into the yard to search for it - I tried asking Winston where he left it and he would just wag his tail and take a few steps forward, then turn back at me excitedly as if to ask where our next adventure was! We ended up finding it in a flower bed next to the house, so it is in the washer and he can be a free man for another night.

The last story I have is for the lovely Miss Cathy, and the pug who loves her the mostest, Zac. Pugs have never been a breed known for their intelligence, but some art quite clever. Zac falls into this category. Zac does not like being crated - the extent of his crate time is while he eats and the moments before and after. I was standing outside (Funnily enough this was while Mac was watering the plants)and I turned to look down at the cement step to find that Zac has removed the bed from his crate and brought it out for me to wash.

I look forward to tomorrow - mainly because it is the end of the work week and I can sleep in a bit on Saturday, should the pugs be so kind as to allow me to do so.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

6 comments:

  1. Alecia, this is just the funniest thing ever and sure to bring a few laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I am eating up this behind-the-scenes-in-Cathy-and-Kim's-house stuff. I find it both amazing and hilarious how very distinct each pug is--in spite of the fact that they're all from the same line and they've all been raised in exactly the same home.

    And the tree wig is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen -

    From what I've heard from a few other people, and from what a few people have told my mother, you aren't the only one enjoying the stories.

    I have no problem sharing, and it certainly gives me a way to entertain myself every night. It takes about 30 minutes to type each post up on my Blackberry - though my thumbs may give out here in about a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alecia, thanks so much for the story about Winston! He's from a litter by Manny out of my littlest black girl and it's so nice to hear little stories about him :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL this is great!!!! I love Mac stories, I bet he alone could have his own personal blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alecia, keep them coming. I get a nice little chuckle and love the part about the missing red harness and the bed being brought out for you to wash. It is funny how they all have their own little personality. :-)

    ReplyDelete