Thursday, July 29, 2010

Living in Pug Heaven - More like Hell!

Today was one of those days where it seems like nothing goes as planned. I have finally become settled in here, and I have a routine with the pugs. I know how long it takes to get to work on even the worst traffic days, and how long it takes to feed the pugs.

My morning started out with quite the mess. Dot somehow managed to catch some sort of stomach virus and left a nice present for me by the door. No less than four of the pugs remembered that there is a doggy door for their convenience and my sanity. I chased a few pugs down in an attempt to get them put away, Claude made it off the deck, and the puppies chewed an empty planter to pieces.

All of this and I still hadn't even made it to the shower!

In other news - Cathy is home!!!

I was sitting at the kitchen counter - Coors Light in one hand and a knife in the other, quartering up Louis' next month of meds. I am sure the beer and tiny pills would look great to any passersby, but Cathy couldn't have been more thrilled. She gave me the biggest hug she could muster up and thanked me for everything. I was just glad to see her!! She was off to bed shortly after that.

Funny story - Cathy told my mom Wednesday, "I am so glad to have a daughter like Alecia!!" :)

The pugs were being fairly well behaved this evening. Peanut and I took a quick trip to the Norton's - what I thought was an injury from a pug scrap was no more than a healing hot spot. According to Melissa once the hot spot starts to heal and scab up some pugs will enjoy the taste of the scabs - yuck!

Today's photo is sir Zac - eagerly watching me as I prepared dinner. The pug in the background is Mac. :)

This weekend is going to be odd, I fear. Zac and Lara are being shown, which means they will be gone. Kim said they will be taking a few other pugs as well, but I won't know until tomorrow after work. Surprise!! Hopefully we can get lots accomplished with a few pugs abroad.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

7 comments:

  1. Welcome home, Cathy! Eat up all the snuggle time you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your home Cathy. I hope your feeling better. Call me if you need anything.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. CATHY!!!! YOU ARE HOME!!!! YAY! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Cathy!

    Welcome Home! It's great to hear that you are home now. I know your pugs are happy to see you and now they can snuggle you with lots of pug love.

    Love you,
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy returned home last night only to be headed off for the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a crappy day Eish with a happy ending :)!

    ReplyDelete